Research Computing Facility
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at UMass provides IT Services and Support to its faculty, staff and students through the Research Computing Facility (RCF). We are located on the 15th floor of LGRT, and can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of the services and resources available are listed as follows:
- A computer lab (LGRT 1585) is available for use with various available softwares.
- We offer printing on the 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th floors.
- We run and manage a computing cluster available to department members.
- We maintain a server which provides secure storage space, accessible to all department members.
For computing support, please send requests to: email@example.com. In order for us to better assist you, please add the information pertinent to your issue in your help request. For instance, for email issues, please include the following:
- Your IPv4 address (which can be found here);
- The email client you are using;
- Other specific information regarding your issue.
Alan Boulanger - Director of Computing Facilities for Teaching and Research
- Generating SSH keys For Remote Sessions
- Tips For Working Remotely
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Printing Resources
- Scantron Resources
- Accessing Your Department Mail
- Logging Into Math Department Computers
- Software Available on Math Lab Systems
- Instructions for Purchasing & Returning Equipment
- VPN Install/Usage Documentation
- RCF Cluster Documentation