KRISTA J. GILE
Ph.D. University of Washington, Statistics, 2008 M.S. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Science and Technology Studies, 2000 B.S. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Electrical Engineering, 1998 Curriculum Vitae
ResearchMost of my research is inspired by the information needs of social science and health policy research. Because these projects are substantively driven, the data are often messy and therefore not conducive to standard statistical methods. I especially enjoy studying technical details alongside their practical implications. Much of my work has focused on methods for making inference from sparse data on hard-to-reach human populations, with social or health policy implications.
Affiliations and Collaborative Groups
- UMass Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Associate Professor for Social science statistics, Social networks, Sampling, Network sampling, Link-tracing sampling, and Respondent-driven sampling.
- Statistical Consulting and Collaboration Services - Director of consulting services to UMass and the community. SCCS helps with all phases of statistical analysis including design and analysis plans, data analysis and intepretation, and preparing grants and publications.
- UMass Computational Social Science Initiative (CSSI) - Core Faculty member of an interdisciplinary community using computational models and methods to help us understand the social world. The Institute promotes dialog and collaboration across our 81 faculty affiliates from 26 departments in 9 colleges at the University of Massachusetts.
- Hidden Population Methods Research Group (HPMRG) - Methods and Software, mostly for RDS
- New methods for inference from Respondent-Driven Sampling Data, Purdue Statistics Symposium, 2012
- Inference from Link-Tracing Network Samples, SAMSI, 2013
- Statistical Analysis of Social Networks,SAMSI Undergraduate Workshop, 2013
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Lederle Graduate Research Tower, Box 34515
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Amherst, MA 01003-9305, USA
Phone: (413) 545-6026
Fax: (413) 545-1801
gile at math dot umass dot edu