The Five Colleges STATCOM
Statistics in the Community (STATCOM),
"Students Helping Students to Help Communities"
The Five Colleges Chapter
Who We Are:
Statistics in the Community (STATCOM) is a volunteer community outreach organization started at Purdue University's Department of Statistics in 2001. Directed and staffed by students, it provides professional statistical consulting services to governmental and nonprofit groups free of charge. The Five College Chapter includes graduates and undergraduates from the Five College system.
The mission of the Statistics in the Community (STATCOM) Network is:
- To provide pro bono statistical consulting to local nonprofit, governmental, and community service organizations
- To engage students in voluntary, service-oriented statistical consulting and leadership.
The vision of the Statistics in the Community (STATCOM) Network is:
- To apply statistical methods and principles to have a positive impact on communities and institutions that serve those communities
- To increase communication and collaboration among student statisticians engaged in service-oriented statistics.
Any local nonprofit or governmental group is encouraged to contact STATCOM at Purdue about its particular needs or projects. Possible clients include learning centers, libraries, schools, shelters, or local government departments.
Advice and assistance are available on a wide variety of statistical issues including:
- Designing and analyzing surveys
- Identifying trends and relationships in data
- Making predictions and projections
- Finding meaningful information in large data sets
- Designing and conducting educational activities at schools and community events.
We assure client confidentiality.
If you want more information about STATCOM, follow this link to the official website: STATCOM Network
To contact The Five College STATCOM about a potential project, email email@example.com