Taryn C Flock
Email address: tflock "at" macalester "dot" the usual ending for higher ed
Starting in Fall 2019 I will be an Assitant Professor at Macalester College. This website is no longer being maintained
I am a Marshall H. Stone Visiting Assistant Professor at UMass Amherst. Previously, I was a postdoc working with Jon Bennett at the University of Birmingham.
I received my PhD from UC Berkeley, under the direction of Michael Christ. My CV.
- (with Bennett, Bez, Buschenhenke, and Cowling) On the nonlinear Brascamp-Lieb inequality Submitted Arxiv.
includes the results of the previous:
- (with Bennett, Bez, and Buschenhenke) The nonlinear Brascamp-Lieb inequality for simple data Arxiv.
- (with Bennett, Bez, Gutierrez, and Iliopoulou, 2018) A sharp k-plane Strichartz Inequality for the Schrodinger equation: Transactions of the AMS or on Arxiv.
- (with Bennett, Bez, and Lee, 2018) Stability of the Brascamp-Lieb constant and applications American Journal of Mathematics,or on Arxiv
- (with Bennett, Bez, and Cowling, 2017 ) Behaviour of the Brascamp--Lieb constant: The Bulletin of the LMS, or on Arxiv. or as Talk Slides
- (2016) Uniqueness of extremizers for an endpoint inequality of the k-plane transform: The Journal of Geometric Analysis or Arxiv.
- (with Christ, 2014) Cases of equality in certain multilinear inequalities of Hardy-Riesz-Rogers-Brascamp-Lieb-Luttinger type type: Journal of Functional Analysis or Arxiv.
- (with Strichartz, 2012) Laplacians on a family of quadratic Julia sets I: Transactions of the AMS,
- Spring 2019
- 524: Intro to Modern Analysis II.
- Fall 2018
- 523H: Intro to Modern Analysis I. Syllabus.
At UC Berkeley
- Topics in Analysis: Fourier Analysis. Material including full lecture notes available on request. (Sp15,Fa15,Fa16)
- Instructor: Math 1A. First Semester Calculus. (Su12)
- TA: Math 1B. Second Semester Calculus. (Sp12)
- TA: Math 1A. First Semester Calculus. (Fa11)