Physical Mathematics of Quantum Field Theory
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst will host a summer school on Physical Mathematics of Quantum Field Theory during the week August 1st to 5th, 2022. This workshop was previously scheduled to take place in August 2020, but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The aim of the workshop is to introduce young researchers on the boundary between mathematics and physics to recent ideas in classical and quantum field theory using notions from complex geometry and algebraic topology. The target audience of the workshop is advanced graduate students and post-docs, from both mathematics and theoretical physics. The schedule will be designed to include a large amount of time for participants to interact. We hope especially to encourage conversations between mathematicians and physicists.
All talks will be held in the following location:
There will be series of lectures given by:
- Ron Donagi, University of Pennsylvania - Supermoduli
- Angela Gibney, University of Pennsylvania - On Vector Bundles of Conformal Blocks on the Moduli Space of Curves from Representations of Vertex Operator Algebras
- Lecture 1: Introduction to the week and moduli of curves
- Lecture 2: Vertex operator algebras
- Lecture 3: Sheaves of coinvariants and their properties
- Lecture 4: Open problems
- Natalie Paquette, University of Washington - Twisted Theories and Koszul Duality
- Du Pei, University of Southern Denmark and CMSA, Harvard - Invariants of Manifolds from 6d QFTs
Conference PhotoYou can find a photo of the praticipants taken at the school here.
We've made a tentative schedule, which is available here.
For practical information on travel to UMass to attend the summer school, see here.
List of Participants
For a list of registered participants, see here
Due to the volume of applications we have reached our maximum capacity, and registration is now closed.
If you have any questions, you can contact the organizers by e-mail at the following addresses
Chris Elliott: firstname.lastname@example.org
Owen Gwilliam: email@example.com
Matteo Lotito: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified Monday February 28th, 2022.