Ordinary Differential Equations - Fall 99
Math 431 Section 2
Mon, Wed & Fri. 12:20-1:10 LGRT 113
Instructor: Eyal Markman
Office: 1544 LGRT
Office Hours :
Monday, 2 - 4pm,
Wednesday, 2 - 3pm,
or by arrangement.
Text: Elementary differential equations and boundary value problems,
6-th Edition, By Boyce and DiPrima, John Wiley & Sons.
Homework: Will be assigned weekly and will be due each Wednesday
unless mentioned otherwise.
The homework will be graded by a special grader.
Due to lack of funds, it will not be possible to grade all the homework
problems assigned. A few of the
homework problems will be corrected and graded every week. Nevertheless,
for your own benefit,
you will be asked to hand in all the homework problems assigned.
Your grade on each homework assignement will be calculated as follows:
Three homework grades will be dropped from the final grade.
These will include the lowest grades and assignments which were not handed in.
- 70% The grade on the corrected problems.
- 30% Credit for handing in most of the homework problems.
Partial credit will be given.
- Homework, Quizzes & Class participation -- 20%
- Two Midterms -- 50% (each 25%)
- Final Exam -- 30%
- First Midterm: Fri, October 15 during class period.
- Review for first Midterm: Wednessday, October 13, 4-5:40PM,
Room: LGRT 101
- Second Midterm: Thursday, November 18, 6:00-8:00pm,
Room: LGRT 103.
- Review for second Midterm: Wednessday, November 17, 4-5:40PM,
Room: LGRT 319
- Final: Monday, December 20, 1:30 PM, Room: TOTM 153
- Review for Final: Friday, December 17, 2-4 PM,
Room: LGRT 319